CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Recent history.

I have been busy these last few months. Busy at schoolwork mostly. I have had time to enjoy myself as well, but as we all know that is supposed to come after the work bit. As far as I can figure out the equation of work to play is as follows, with x representing work and y as play-- x = y/5.5--
I have enjoyed the sports this year so far, for the most part. Steelers won Super Bowl, a year highlight for me, Tar heels take championship, I am happy 'bout that.
This year I have been practicing harder and harder at my guitars, and have been learniong a great deal about music in general.
I went to a concert the other day, it had Hawk Nelson as well as some other bands I like.

Hawk Nelson

Might be going to one tonight with Skillet, Needtobreathe and some others.

As far as video games go, I have been playing more racing games recently, including NFS titles, PGR 4. Fun stuff. Looking forward to a couple games including Splinter Cell Conviction and Army of Two : The 40th Day.

AS far as books go, recently most of my reading has been for school, including but not limited to these titles- Utopia, Don Quixote, Ben Hur, Westward Ho!. Some of it is VERY boring, but they all have bits of humor/irony that makes them slightly enjoyable.
I am looking forward to several movies this year, especially Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Sherlock Holmes, The Perfect Game, and others.
Well thats all for now, I hope to post again soon.



7 comments:

Robert L. said...

Very good. Get the post coming.

Hannah Leigh said...

Hey, I got the comment you left on my blog; thanks. :) How old are you? (If you don't mind my asking)

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Big-Dog said...

Physical age= Almost 17

Mental age= Yoda :D

SavannahLynn said...

looks like your cup is pretty full:P

John Calvin said...

Well Jay, your blog sure attracts some strange people, myself, the Physics crazed Texan, included. I do not know what it is that draws in such a collection of characters.
Anyhow, I am sorry to hear that from now on when you visit we will have to communicate in sign language, as your ear drums have been permanently damaged by excessively loud "noises" that were being passed off as music. Actuality, no matter how much I like a particular type of music, there is a volume threshold beyond which I cannot stand anything. When you can investigate the phenomena of standing waves by examining a nearby glass of water, or feel the ground shaking from the sound coming from the mega amplifiers, there are several places I would rather be. Unfortunately, I have been stuck in such situations, and hence can say, that I am glad it was you, and not me at that concert.

John Calvin,

Big-Dog said...

Unfortunately I am also blind from the flashing lights/cameras/mega tv screens, so sign language is out of the question. My name is Jay Keller.

Lauren said...

I have to agree that our literature selection has been rather dry and unvaried of late - Utopia (which we haven't finished yet :) is what it is, Ben Hur was far too predictable, Don Quixote was sooo insane I started to lose my own sanity with boredom and incredibility - you know what I'm talking about, however the last mentioned did have two funny moments among its 1000 something pages, and both involved Sancho Panza's unconquerable common sense... An interesting read to the well fortified mind as long as considerably large sized breaks are taken between every five chapters or so.

Anyways, I certainly hope you won't lose your hearing or eyesight because just between you and me I don't see any Anne Sullivan's in your future :P

Your Sis,
Lauren Ashley